[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Didn't see it coming.

Didn't see it coming.

Didn't see it coming.

by Neko92 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Sometime Friday/Saturday my laptop decided to die. Presumably the Integrated Graphics Card fried since the screen back-light still on, processor light still blinks. In the process of either fixing it or reformatting my brother's old ASUS gaming laptop.

Somewhat unrelated a thunderstorm came and lightning struck somewhere... Half the stuff in house blew.
-Several lights (interestingly enough only the compact florescent seem effected).
-Tv colour is messed up. Watching The walking dead with blue zombies is all kinds of hilarious though.
-Dvd player died with a dvd still in tray :< (i checked internal fuse, its intact. Idk what else to check)
-vcr player died. Yeah... I still watch vhs, what of it? :>
-Our router seems to of died, well just the LAN ports, wireless still fine. But laptop died before hand so pointless atm. Already asked Verizon if they could replace it, they don't even make them anymore, because they want everyone on FiOs. I been using DSL.

Someone tell coolcube. We were in a death throat game of online pool XD when my laptop died suddenly. Didn't get to say goodnight :< <3

This is not a goodbye forever. Just till I get working laptop/pc. and maybe new isp. dunno.
Neko92
Veteran

Re: Didn't see it coming.

by ShadyVale » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:15 pm

That sucks. Hope you are able to get back on soon.

Back in 1997 lightning hit my CB antennae; yeah I was a CB'er and actually talked lol. It was a mess getting everything working normal again.

Don't know what kind of TV you have, or damage that might have been done, but some have a degauss (or similar) option in setting/menu. You might give that a try and see if it fixes the colors.

When I was having trouble with the phone companies DSL modem, instead of waiting on them, I bought my own DSL/router. Just had to make sure all the PPP setings and login matched the original modem and I was back online.

P.S. I still have a VCR hooked up to my TV :P
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -The Doctor
ShadyVale

by V3N0M_123 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:53 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BYE NEKO
BYE NEKO
BYE NEKO
In all seriousness though, you better come back soon or I won't have anyone to borrow beacons from :/
Oh well, at least I'll have 24/7 build perms now :>
V3N0M_123
Resident

by Kassu233 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:57 pm

rip

bye
Kassu233
Resident

by 007coolcube » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:33 am

NOBODY TOLD ME DAMNIT
What can I say? I'm a cool cube.
007coolcube
Veteran

Location: New Zealand, where you're not gonna get hit by a nuke.

by Kassu233 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Kassu233
Resident

by ShadyVale » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:15 pm

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -The Doctor
ShadyVale

Return to Archives