[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Current server lag, resolution

Current server lag, resolution

Current server lag, resolution

by Wompawoo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:47 am

One of the largest concerns is people who are using nether portals of various sizes to gold farm and such. My suggestion is that you disable the ability to use or create the nether portals, and create a command such as /nether. then set a spawn point or a sanctum of some sort in the nether where players can spawn directly. This should help to eliminate the portal lag as well as the random portal hopping and farm abusers. :)
Wompawoo

Re: Current server lag, resolution

by V3N0M_123 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:06 am

Well, making the ability to go to the nether a command, would make the server less Vanilla, as a "domino affect" could spawn from this, eventually turning every other portal into /end or /nether, and to get this working the nether would have to be closed until the command works, which could cause problems.
V3N0M_123
Resident

by Wompawoo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 pm

I fully understand, and agree that there may be a domino effect as well as cause issues. However, controlling the portal distribution isn't a bad idea either. Another way of doing it instead of adding it as a command would be to build a single portal that all players would have to enter/exit at /spawn. I understand wanting to keep the server as vanilla as possible, but if this is a means to an end to the issues that they are having then I strongly think that it should be explored as a possibility.

Yesterday alone, I had been through hours of restarts, mob termination and more. Myself and other players included had lost many things during that process; levels, resources, animal farms, base walls. and there was no replenishment after the items had disappeared.

So in closing, while there could be a con to executing my solution, there could also be several pros to it as well.
Wompawoo

by V3N0M_123 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Yes, but for that to work, everyone would spawn in the same area in the nether, which would become resourceless, so players would have to travel a long way to get to a place in the nether where it's not been used, the only way it would work by having 1 portal is by allocating different spawn points within the nether, so everyone can get their fair share of resources.
V3N0M_123
Resident

by masy1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Not a reasonable idea for the Kreatious server.
masy1
Veteran Donor

by maxmmm1501 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Netherportals are not the cause of the lag..
maxmmm1501

by Wompawoo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Wompawoo

by masy1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Explaining venom's post, this is a semi-vanilla server. It wouldn't be very vanilla if there was only one portal people could go through.

You also just said that there should be a portal at spawn... and now you're saying that we should use the /mine nether.
There is a separate /mine nether. You go to /mine and make a portal. Having a command for that isn't very vanilla either.

In regards to my post, I was too lazy to explain things to you because I know that you're one of the people who whatever anyone else says, will stand by your point even if you are incorrect. Also, you only have to light the portal again. You don't have to rebuild it.

Explaining max's post, we were trying to determine what was causing the lag. By deleting the portal blocks (you just have to relight them), we were going to see if it was the portals causing lag. They weren't by the way.

edit: grammar errors D:
Last edited by masy1 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
masy1
Veteran Donor

by V3N0M_123 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:27 pm

V3N0M_123
Resident

by maxmmm1501 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:33 pm

As of the last I heard, the lag is caused from some type of entity in the main world. We've got it narrowed down to that.
maxmmm1501

Next

Return to Archives