Server is offline.

Server is offline.

by Alptunga » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:05 pm

As you know (Or you should) server is crashing or getting turned down on purpose at the evening hours (europe).

If it is the first case which i think it is because moderators i manage to contact, saying they can't even reach the console to reboot it. So i'm asking you to find a solution.

If it is the second case, I would really want to see a notification on the forums saying when the server will be back up again.

I really want to see an offical answer to this issue.

Best Regards,
AlpTunga.
Alptunga

Re: Server is offline.

by MiceRace » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:29 pm

Yeah it says it's 1.7.2 for me and i can't connect
MiceRace

by GarnyGoat » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:31 pm

yes its showing the 1.7.2 for me as well and when i join its showing the same reason for the failure as it did for me yesterday.
GarnyGoat

by GG1LL3S » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:25 pm

whats actually happenings ? ice was on the website and i thought he would give info :(
GG1LL3S
Veteran Donor

by Icefang113 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:28 pm

Kreatious is a dedicated server, which means it's supposed to be up 24/7, so it should be up during these hours. And to answer your question Altptunga, no, the server isn't off on purpose. None of the mods know why it's down during these hours, my best guess is technical issues. I would imagine the server will be up when Zerg returns from work, it's hard to maintain the server when he's busy trying to work. The best thing to do now is wait.

-Icefang.

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." -Frank Zappa
Icefang113

by GG1LL3S » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:34 pm

ice can't you call zerg ? :3
GG1LL3S
Veteran Donor

by Alptunga » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:42 pm

First thank you for the answer Icetfang,

The thing i'm humbly asking is since zerg can't be here to fix the problem himself on his work hours, could you come up with a solution for the long term? I would be delighted if you bring this issue before zerg.

The reason behind is obviously constant distruption of the service, As you know this isn't the first time this is happing.
Alptunga

by Romedy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:47 pm

Zerg likely knows already. Contacting him during the day can be difficult at best and, as the server is not located where he works, he may still not be able to find a solution.

And EVEN IF Zerg were to leave work and travel to the server, any number of things could be prohibiting him from bringing it back up.

My best guess is an internet outage. I live reasonably close to Zerg and have been having issues all week long. (My ISP, while different than the server's, claims high winds and infrastructure improvements as the cause.

I understand it is difficult to wait, especially with an important or pressing project, but the only real option we currently have to be patient and trust that Zerg will do what is necessary to bring the server back online as soon as possible.

On a side note, I do not envy his position today. He is trying to have a career, a personal life, his own required relaxation time, and still meet the needs of 120 or so needy, whiny Minecraft players. (I include myself in this group, cause I wanna finish my monorails!) I would encourage us to offer him some of the same patience and dedication he offers us some 360-364 days a year. (I can remember twice in my almost-year time on Kreatious when the server has unexpectedly been down - pretty good rate imo.)
Romedy

by snowbrdd » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:50 pm

I can contact zerg during the day. Which has been done already. However, the outages are due to the proxy running out of memory which he is working on to fix.
The best i can offer you is to contact me on steam (same name) or skype. I can then forward the message to him.
snowbrdd
Donor

by mike9999999 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:54 am

My computor cant find the hostname nor can it get onto this website (I'm using a phone)
mike9999999

Next

Return to Archives