[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Thought's on Iconomy?

Thought's on Iconomy?

Do you like Iconomy?

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes : 27

Re: Thought's on Iconomy?

by lyndseyddy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:23 am

From what I'm seeing here, i wouldn't want iconomy. I just wish you could trade with [Trade] chests from chat. Like a search feature to see who has an item for sale, then a "buy 10 dia from Zerg for gunpowder" command or whatever. then you would have the ease of use of iconomy and still have the barter based system we use with chests.
lyndseyddy
Resident

by VVX1000 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:09 am

Iconomy should only be on survival because then people in creative would span money T.T but Iconomy does not mean trading you basically just sell things and on some servers kill animal and monsters to gain them. Iconomy doesn't really do the trading thing. On most servers with Iconomy i still hear...

"Hey! You want some Gold Ingots? Meet at spawn but you have to trade me a stack of Iron Ingots to get them."

So Icomony could be good here or not. We should at least try it and see if it works on survival only! Because i said earlier people would spam. D:

Support Kreatious by:
1. Voting on PMC, MS and MSL!
2. Donating to the server, you get many cool commands and you get to know the server better!
VVX1000

by Fluffy977 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:33 am

First of, it wouldn't work in creative. They couldn't spawn in money. But there would be no use for it. They can already spawn in EVERY item.
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

by mattchuu » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:05 am

mattchuu
Veteran

by dritalia47 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:12 am

*cough* half-doors *cough* best object in the game *cough cough COUGH* but i still dun like iconomy <.<
"You cant kill me if im already dead. -suicides-"
dritalia47

by SirDukem » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:47 pm

I prefer bartering, it promotes a true value on items, rather than an interpreted value. Also, you can negotiate, which isn't a feature programmable with iconomy :) I know you would still be able to barter, but prices would be based off the iconomy prices, which isn't a true value.
SirDukem
Veteran

by bossman1113 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:30 am

I have argued that we have iConomy for a while. It works great and its not required that we all use it. Its a preference thing. Ive been on a server (omgeezus, boss has been cheating on kreatious) where they use iConomy, but people who dont understand it, or just dont want to mess with it just ignore it completely and trade with items.

There can still be bartering, you just use coins or whatever money system we have. i see no cons in iConomy except saying that we arent fully vanilla, which still isnt true with or without iConomy. We have so many mods it'll make your head spin (just cuz they're custom, doesnt make them vanilla).

I know that there is a 60/40 split of this argument with the players on our server. Why cant the other percent just create shops based solely on bartering blocks and then the other percent just use iConomy. You can easily negotiate with iConomy, i have even seen bartering mods that work very well with iConomy. But even without those extra mods, you can easily barter down any block as if you were using iron, or obby or whatever.

Can someone really list a REAL con of having iConomy as a plugin on our server. (Once again, iConomy is an option, you dont have to use it if you dont want to).
bossman1113
Veteran

by bondsmatthew » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:22 am

I've been wondering about this. I've played on Iconomy servers where it's broken because they don't understand how to use it

Ooooo, ooo bossman! I has an example! I was in a server, where there was a shop at spawn that sold diamonds for.. Let's say x amount. Then, there was a secret admin house where you could buy diamonds for 1/3x amount.. Then sell those for x amount right back. As you can see, it was very broken. We.. Had a lot of diamond tools to break things. My point being, there can be loopholes... IF we aren't stupid enough to close them first. I'd want to be sure on it first.

Oh, then you'd have to convince Zerg to put it in.. I know for a fact, that he wont back down lightly. :3
bondsmatthew
Veteran

by bossman1113 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:45 am

Zerg says he will die before he submits an iConomy plugin into our server.
bossman1113
Veteran

by mattchuu » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:57 am

well then, we have work to due...and by work i mean convince zerg otherwise.
mattchuu
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Archives