Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes : 27

Re: Thought's on Iconomy?

by heisan213 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:38 am

Nah, let's just kill him right away :P

Iconomy is dangerous as I have tried this in my private server. You have to configure it perfectly for no loopholes to appear. For one, I used essentials Iconomy and I bought gunpowder and sand, made TNT and sold that to get almost twice the money back and redo the proces over and over again.
The system would also have to be like shops in RL, meaning you would have to gather diamonds, then give those to your shop so people can buy it. At least that rules out the loophole I explained above...

It still makes the game alot different and I guess we won't have it cause Zerg already said no to Towny, which is Iconomy based.

Messy post, but, whatever :D

Vote for kreatious now! \/
heisan213
Resident

by Irish_Ninja » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:53 am

As has been said before, it's a risky plugin, because it can totally throw off the balance of what is worth what. If we did want to take a step toward Iconomy, I would like to see a simple trade system be implemented first. When I say that, I mean there's no money; a player inputs a command to offer (these items) to (this player) in exchange for (those items), to which the other player can respond with, say, /accept or /deny. This eliminates the risk of both trashing the economy by spawning in "shop blocks," whilst also reducing the risk of the other player simply killing or cheating you at the trade location and taking your items.

Essentially, if we were to put the functionality of a trade chest into a player command, i could see it as a pretty useful plugin. But I would have to say no to the currency aspect.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by bossman1113 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Irish, we already do have a trade chest plugin. Have you not been to the mall, or seen any shops. I know its been a while since we've played on the 1.7 map, but I know there was certainly shops all over that place. They arent as common now, but there are still shops out there (even on the 1.8 temp map).

iConomy cant trash our economy. Think of it as using iron blocks as our currency. It would be the same thing, but just with virtual money. There is an estimated value for things, like 2 stacks of iron for 1 diamond. If we had iConomy, there would also be an estimated value, depending on its rarity, demand, etc. Then there is the bartering value. The amount decided by the salesman and buyer. So if im using iron stacks to buy diamond, you can charge me 1 1/2 iron stacks to give me a cheaper price aka the bartering value. As i said before, this would be the same as using virtual money, but you would simply be using a different currency rather than blocks/ore.
bossman1113
Veteran

by bondsmatthew » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Bossman.. Read his post again.
'Essentially, if we were to put the functionality of a trade chest into a player command, i could see it as a pretty useful plugin. But I would have to say no to the currency aspect.'

He knows that we have chests.. He wants a command for them. Also, I don't know if you're exad., but.. 2 stacks of iron isnt one diamond. If I'm still on the up and up.. It's about half a stack, or 4 IB(roughly).
bondsmatthew
Veteran

by bossman1113 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Well i havent traded in a while, but the last time i did, it was that expensive. It was for demonstration purposes
bossman1113
Veteran

by Irish_Ninja » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:18 am

I like to have the trade chests as well, but I figured a command might be a little more convenient at times :P. I've found it a little frustrating at times, when I'm in desperate need for a type of block, and people don't ever seem to refill their trade chests with that block. I assume that this will be remedied in the 1.0 map with the one main mall; I imagine it will be routinely checked and stocked, so this problem shouldn't be as big of an issue as it was with temp.

Pretty much, my idea was to replace the trade booths. I feel like I'm taking a big risk every time I go into one of those booths with a player I don't know very well, and throw my diamonds/large amounts of valuable blocks into the chest and or the water. If there were a command to set up a trade, and require both players to confirm using the /accept or /deny, I think it might make the process a little safer for everyone.
Of course, the same effect could be attained through some sort of plugin involving trade booth chests, but I feel like that would be more difficult to code, as well as to actually do ingame.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

Previous

Return to Archives