My Absentness

My Absentness

by bossman1113 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:48 pm

Sorry I havent been on lately. I would love to be on and help out with new spawn and create awesome things with friends right now. But, i have currently run into the same situation i ran into months ago with my aunt.

As most of you know, my aunt swears that Minecraft has a virus on it (thanks to my sisters constant downloading of crap, and blaming on me). Well our computer crashed and we came pretty close to losing every last piece of data on it. But somehow my aunt got the computer up and running (there was a virus, but not from MC). Now she wont let me back on MC because she thinks that It will harm the computer.

So I wont be on for awhile until I can either prove to her that it doesnt have a virus, or I get my own PC. So for now, I bid you guys a see you later. I will drop in at the forums at least once a day, but unless you guys have any ideas on to how i can prove to her MC is virus free, then I will be Minecraft-less for a while.
bossman1113
Veteran

Re: My Absentness

by bondsmatthew » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Well.. That sucks really bad, boss. Why don't you get Norten.. Normally I would NEVER rec. it, but the situation is dire. Lol

What I mean is, sister is DLing things, torrenting most likely, norten dun like torrenting.. Or going to any 'suspicious' websites. Which turns out to be like.. 1/2 of them to norten. Anyway, it limits what she can DL, and it.. Well, if she can't DL anything.. :>

Spoiler:
Oh.. My.. I just rec'ed Nortan Anti-Virus.... o.o!
bondsmatthew
Veteran

by bossman1113 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:15 pm

We have Norton, she just disables it ....
bossman1113
Veteran

by Mythic316 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:06 am

How old is your sister anyway? And what "crap" does she actually download? You could prove to your aunt that she has been downloading all that crap. I mean it should not be that hard to look up her history of downloads. And also like what Bonds said, "Why dont you get Norton?" It will detect if there is viruses. Then you can play minecraft again :D
NEVER eat a porcupine its just not humane: jhall5718

Mythic316

by bondsmatthew » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:21 am

Then you.. Enable it. Show her that you use it, that it is enabled.. Then pop in on her and show your aunt, she disables it.
bondsmatthew
Veteran

by Fluffy977 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:44 am

Here:
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

by Irish_Ninja » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:32 am

Yes, like Fluffy just showed you. There are a ton of virus scanners out there that will scan downloadable files and webpages without actually downloading them. I would also recommend showing her some results from running Minecraft.net and/or the Minecraft download on VirusTotal.com.

Or do what Mythic suggested, and bring up the download history, and show what your sister has been downloading.

Hey, you can even do both. Scan the Minecraft files to show that their safe, as well as scan the files your sister is downloading to prove that those are the ones with malicious software attached to them. Unless your aunt is a complete and utter mule in therms of stubborn-ness, that would have to prove to her that Minecraft isn't dangerous.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

Return to Archives