Potions

Potions

by pinpoynt » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:54 pm

Hmmmm... Potions. Some people use them to kill other monsters/people. Some use them to strengthen themselves. While others use them to annoy the heck out of other players on creative. Should we make potions not throwable in creative? Or maybe just make them have no effect on players in creative. Tell me what you think.
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me, maybe?"

-Carly Rae Jepson

"Psych!! Dats the wrong numbah!!!"

-Supa Hot Fire
pinpoynt
Veteran

Re: Potions

by mattchuu » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:06 am

Not until eggs are as well. And snowballs =/
mattchuu
Veteran

by McCoy1996 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:23 am

Buckets of milk people! Drink some milk and it will sober you up ;) Milk makes the effects go away lol.
McCoy1996
Veteran

by Irish_Ninja » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:24 am

Just an idea I've had. I'm not sure if it would be beneficial enough to the server to be worth adding, but I guess now would be as good of a time as any to share it.

Maybe we could get a plugin than allows staff to disable certain items for individual players for X amount of time? This wouldn't just apply solely to eggs/snowballs/potions, but perhaps also TNT/Lava/Flint&Steel. If a player is abusing these, or other items, they may have those items disabled temporarily.

It seems as though snowballs and eggs were a constantly recurring issue in creative. I can only see this problem becoming worse with the addition of status-affecting potions. It's true that it typically only takes 1 temp-ban for a player to stop spamming thrown items, but perhaps temporarily disabling the items would be more effective. It may also be a way for donors/veterans to handle these situations when no mods are online. This would essentially force a player to go and do something more constructive, by allowing them to remain in the game, but be unable to continue antagonizing another player with projectiles.

Again, it's only a theory. I have no idea how coding these things works, and I understand it may be too much of a hassle to be worth implementing. I just figured I'd bring it to the table. :)
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by McCoy1996 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:29 am

Or we could all just have fun and forget about the things that annoy us? The only reason people do it is for one reason, to annoy you! Just ignore them, don't tell them to stop. Soon enough they will get bored and go away.
McCoy1996
Veteran

by pinpoynt » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:48 am

Yes McCoy they will stop, but then they will just move on to the next person and then the next. If we don't tell them to stop it won't end.
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me, maybe?"

-Carly Rae Jepson

"Psych!! Dats the wrong numbah!!!"

-Supa Hot Fire
pinpoynt
Veteran

by Irish_Ninja » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:13 am

Not to mention leave you with about 97 1/2 chickens to clear out. Which, if in creative mode, may mean you accidentally break several hundred blocks in the process. Those little cretins are hard to stab. :o
Irish_Ninja

by Brother_Con2173 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:24 am

Maybe, in creative, everyone RSD + should have access to the /slaughter command, so people can't golem/ chicken spam?
Brother_Con2173

by Irish_Ninja » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:46 am

Nooooo. I can only imagine that going horribly wrong. There are plenty of rsd+ players that I know for a fact would abuse /slaughter. Especially now that there's breeding, and players can build fancy animal pens.
Irish_Ninja

by Brother_Con2173 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:24 am

*Vtn+ then, and remind them that abuse of powers is bad. The millions of times I've seen awesome Vtn powers been removed because people abused them, its not funny. So, enact a punishment if powers are abused. When they are made Vtn, they should KNOW all the restrictions that come with Vtn, they can't say "I didn't know", like a regular member. EG, the abuse of the modstick. Rather then remove it, punish the person who abused it, people needa learn how to controll their powers. It also shows who's worthy for mod, if they don't abuse stuff.
Brother_Con2173

Next

Return to Archives