[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Snow-Golem Grefing?

Snow-Golem Grefing?

Re: Snow-Golem Grefing?

by Neko92 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:14 pm

I admit I accidentally got an area covered in snow from making 2 golems. In my defense though, I built about 90% of the thing that got covered. and in the pre-release the AI of them stopped em from going over 2block high edges. now they do. I still spammed tons of them. But as many ppl I talk to can vouch for, i have them in a contained box. That I nuked last night cause i have better plans for them.

On a separate note, to build a golem you need to place blocks. to place blocks you need lands rights. A) should reconsider who you let live in/near your town if they gunna spam golems. B) maybe zerg could set it so snow blocks cant be placed in nature (like water or lava sources).

Banning them completely or making a spawn limit however.... I vote no. Cause for some people the golems can be used in Games like for Snakejay's Themepark for target practice. Or for NPC storekeepers in town pubs,stores,etc. Or simplely used as Sentrys to protect town from mobs (instead of lacing ground with torches or slabs), Sure they dont kill the mobs but can still distract them from killing players off guard.

EDIT: What happen to modstick? VERY useful in killing the golems left around without damaging players stuff.
Last edited by Neko92 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neko92
Veteran

by tomvanberkel » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Maybe a way to disable the snow they leave behind?
Then i dont mind with the making of the golems.
I actually like them but its the snow that is whats messing up the sight of things for me..
tomvanberkel

by stormstriker » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:03 pm

.................................^^

i agree, is there any way to nerf the snow layer like nerfing creeper explosions? it would be quite helpful, and encourages players to go out and build a snow biome themselves
Creeper's are hating, so they just rage, and then i kill them :D
stormstriker
Donor

by McCoy1996 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:25 pm

cage your golems! lol, if you hit them with lightning will they disappear?
McCoy1996
Veteran

by SonicFF7 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:27 am

Zerg took the Mod Stick out, because Shadow was spamming it everywhere and burning people's stuff.
I wish he only took it out for Shadow, and not the people that actually use it right. =/
The consumption of babies enlighten me.
Spoiler:
Want to see me go down my line of ranks on kreatious, and random games I have? CLICKY

Thanks for the sig, Feir! ^
SonicFF7

by Snakejay » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:35 am

I agree!^^ XD And yeah neko that is actually a good idea :o thank you ;)
Snakejay
Veteran

by Irish_Ninja » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:39 am

This can be solved in a number of different ways. To list a few ideas that come to mind:

*If [X number of golems] exist in any given chunk, then all golems in that chunk will be automatically killed.

*If [X number of golems] exist within [X amount of blocks], any additional golems will vanish upon activating.

*Make it so that you can place the snow and pumpkin head, but the server requires a vtn+ to turn the blocks into a mob. (I like this one, because then staff can personally regulate the number of golems a player creates.)

*Disable the automatic transformation, but code in a command for vtn+ that will give [player] [X amount of time] in which he or she may build golems that will actually activate.

*Give golems a limited lifespan. (lets say, maybe they live for 1-2 minutes, then disappear.)
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by pieluvsme89 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:22 pm

I think there should be a rule of 1 snow golem outside a defence tower and clean up all the snow it makes and you can have as many as you want contained so they don't wreck everything
pieluvsme89
Resident

by ShishirG » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:03 pm

I vote no to all of this.
I for one enjoy living in a forest biome and not having to see that disgusting green water and the weird colored grass. I set my snow golems free. I have about 20 snow golems and i use them.
1 for making the place look nicer
2 for protecting me, i have huge farms outside, creepers get near it, they attack it, they dont do any damage.. but they distract.

People who mis-use it should be the ones that don't get to spawn these mobs.
I can safely say a snow golem has saved me from a creeper atleast 10 times.
They are a great addition to the game, and add cuteness. :D
ShishirG

by cruiserman » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:53 pm

I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Archives