1.0 Discoveries & Screenshots!

1.0 Discoveries & Screenshots!

by phillip1299 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:52 am

A lot of people seem to be trying out minecraft 1.0 so if you stumble upon something interesting, or you think is new in minecraft, share it here!

For instance:
I don't know if Notch has changed how the moon looks, if this was supposed to be a minecraft eclipse, or if it was something different, but it kinda of freaked me out a little considering I was surrounded by endermen while I was waiting for the sun to rise at the top of a tree.
phillip1299
Veteran

Re: 1.0 Discoveries & Screenshots!

by Snakejay » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:41 am

haha weird >.< my moon didnt look like that, oh and btw guys just a trick :3 if you want to go to the ender, right click with ender eye, then follow where it says to go, once they start to go straight into the ground without going up first, dig down where they land, will land in a stronghold if you done it right :> i have already finished it XD
Snakejay
Veteran

by kenny0011 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:57 am

Same xD

XP orbs give funny sounds ;3
kenny0011
Donor

by follet8 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:36 am

i love the new XP orbs sound. I have pretty much visited everything new on minecraft and i want to talk about the awesome (and extremely hard to find) nether forteresses! :D actually, it' just awesome because it's new... I like the way it looks, the rooms inside, i like the flowing magma falling from the roof room and the staircase with nether warts. i like the way magma cubes jump (they can't move forward with a block over them, i found one stuck o a nether forteress). The first time I heard the blaze sound, it spooked me out. Really, i spoiled the game using creative mode to discover pretty much everything. :( but i'm not regretting it! i don't like the ender... too dark. I had some fun putting water all over the ender, then got bored and killed the enderdragon. took the egg and ran away form the ender. I started placing eggs randomly to see the way they teleport (once they're in your inventory, you can multiply it in creative).
follet8
Resident

by tomvanberkel » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:42 pm

When you see an enderman, stand next to it and listen.
The new sounds they make are so creepy :D
tomvanberkel

by SonicFF7 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Yeah, in Survival I started up a World, and for the first night I already found Diamonds! :D I'm not even kidding. XD

They were in a chest, BUT the chest was at diamond level. :3
Yeah it was fun playing some SP. But my World got deleted somehow. >_> That's why I don't like SP. My Worlds always get lost. XD XD
The consumption of babies enlighten me.
Spoiler:
Want to see me go down my line of ranks on kreatious, and random games I have? CLICKY

Thanks for the sig, Feir! ^
SonicFF7

by bossman1113 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:26 pm

This sounds so fun! Cant wait to join in the exploration (I wont be on for a while D:)
bossman1113
Veteran

by McCoy1996 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:37 pm

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h34 ... 357628.jpg
Blue sheep + blue sheep= blue baby sheep!
McCoy1996
Veteran

by Shadowofrsr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:32 pm

lmfao McCoy whats with the monitor picture taken with your phone or something xD
Shadowofrsr
Resident

by stickguy7 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Looks more like a toaster took the picture.

Some interesting things i noticed:

You can place half blocks on top of other half blocks even though their is a block above it. Before you had to remove the block above to place it.
I no longer see Tnt shadows.
The moon has cycles now. I saw this (0 and at another point this 0).
Enderman sound creepy, and they are somewhat more difficult to kill now.
Iron has a new layered look to it.
The End is a single, isolated continent, which means what ever End Stone you get on SP, is the only kind of it.
Less Glitches.
Enderman when looked at will now respond to you in SMP, They also dart around you when you hit them.
Press F3 while in Game, YOu get a nice look at the new pie chart which helps show you how much of your cpu is being used up for what part of the game.
The version number in the corner of the screen is gone.
Mushroom dirt blocks can spread rapidly on regular dirt blocks.
Lava acts differently, produces stone on source block, produces cobble on on non-source blocks.
Water at spawn city now has a greenish tint to it, indicating it is a swamp.
Snow Golems do not take fall damage, I tested this yesterday by dropping one over 40 blocks high.
One shot with an arrow though will kill them.
Snow Golems can climb snow walls....somehow...

That is all I have so far, I will probably take some screenshots and edit this post later...might even make a video.
stickguy7
Veteran

Next

Return to Archives