So I assume it's just the signs?
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

Re: Making border longer

by stickguy7 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:16 pm

I disagree with making the map bigger for a couple of reasons. One, there is already enough lag on the server as it is, and making the map bigger would just add on to that. Two, the map is already big enough. There is plenty of space already on the map and if you look at the live feed that zerg created, there is still plenty of space for everyone to expand on. Also, creative has 2 maps that can be built on, so I am pretty sure we are not going to run out of space anytime soon. Three, the official release of minecraft is going to coming out in less than a week, just wait for that as a lot of players will be switching over to that for most of their playing and building. A map expansion is nice, but right now it is not needed, and zerg still has to worry first about being able to pay for the server.
stickguy7
Veteran

Re: Making border longer

by zerg960 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:33 pm

After upgrading the server to a solid state drive..
I made the border bigger by 1.5k blocks in all directions..

This'll cause lag when people explore the new area and generate the chunks, but I don't expect anyone to actually _notice_.

:3
Kehe! Ftang nga! Aynga neto rivikx! Tse'a srak? Eo ayoeng lu txana tìkawng. Eo Eywa oe 'ia. Oel ngati kameie
zerg960
Veteran

Previous

Return to Archives