[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Server Advertising

Server Advertising

Server Advertising

by phillip1299 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:04 am

Well I was on the other kreatious forum today (kreatious.com) and I noticed that on our old forums we had accumulated over the 7 months before the split 1688 users. That is a fairly large number, and I know some of these users may have made multiple accounts, or just made an account with a single post to appeal a ban, but when I look at our current kreatious minecraft forum we have now (kreatious.net) I notice we only have 129 registered users...

What I'm getting at here is that in order to sustain the 60 slot servers we have been used to playing on before, we need around $300 per month which Is a decent amount of money when your average donation is anywhere between $10-$20.

In order to keep the server running we need to start accumulating new players again who will hopefully at some point or another take that next step and donate.

The Simplest way of doing this is forum advertising. I know some of you have started up your own youtube channels to promote the server and help recruit new players but that isn't enough, and nobody has near enough subscribers yet to make their channel a viable solution (Nothing negative meant, I still encourage people with youtube channels to keep doing what they are doing). What we need to have is a team of people who will each have a forum thread, or two, which will be located on high trafic websites, for example; The official minecrat forums. By doing this hopefully we can start to experience that constant influx of new players we would see each day in the past and take the stress off of our current donaters.

Please leave a reply with your thoughts on this, and if you would like to suggest a high traffic website, or volunter to be a part of the advertising team leave your username with some reasons why you should be chosen.
(Keep in mind this is only an idea I had, but the more perspective on it we can get the better.)
phillip1299
Veteran

Re: Server Advertising

by bossman1113 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:15 am

What we need is to split into divisions and hunt down sites.
i.e. I just googled "minecraft servers" and these are the first 3 that popped up:

[url]minecraftsandbox.com/minecraft-server-list/[/url]
[url]minecraftservers.net[/url]
[url]minecraft-server-list.com[/url]

We need a team to post to these websites. Also, has the minecraftforums been updated with our recent change? If so, we need to have each and every member make a post on that thread so that the thread is higher up on the server index.
bossman1113
Veteran

by dritalia47 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:13 am

when i used to look for servers i would usually go to mcserverlist.com and i made kreatious.net a thing there but its in the simplest form as possible xD. another good site is planet minecraft and that has high traffic. But it will be hard to get noticed on these sites :P. It will probably be best if we have a youtube channel with high amount of views.
"You cant kill me if im already dead. -suicides-"
dritalia47

by Fluffy977 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:42 am

Honestly, we need more people to vote. I found Kreatious through Minestatus, because it was 7th.
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

by bossman1113 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Yea when I go looking for server, I go through minestatus.
bossman1113
Veteran

by tomvanberkel » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:41 pm

And don't forget the forums on minecraftforum.net
I found the server I played on b4 kreatious on there .
And there are a lot of ppl searching for a server on those forums.
tomvanberkel

by SirDukem » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Another solution, which has to deal with making a simple budget, is you either need to get more $$, or lower your expenses. Until we have a higher player base we could easily reduce the server, and have a 25 or 30 player max.

Letting donors bypass the queue is also a HUGE incentive, so having a low cap, and making players wait in queue would encourage people to donate.
SirDukem
Veteran

by bondsmatthew » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:18 pm

bondsmatthew
Veteran

by Udo51 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Sdor says some PG-13 stuff
Spoiler:
Udo51

by SonicFF7 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:30 am

I agree with SirDukem... That's one of the main reason I donated... I hated waiting the the queue! >_<
The consumption of babies enlighten me.
Spoiler:
Want to see me go down my line of ranks on kreatious, and random games I have? CLICKY

Thanks for the sig, Feir! ^
SonicFF7

Next

Return to Archives