[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Grief Protection!

Grief Protection!

Grief Protection!

by iExspee » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:03 am

I have been on this server for quite some time, not some much all at once but over the last couple of months. And i am realizing that the server has very little grief protection and not banning and tracking the griefs. It would be great if we had better protection on the server, thx

-aquad1
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

Re: Grief Protection!

by SirDukem » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:11 am

hehe...a joke I am assuming *shrugs*
SirDukem
Veteran

by iExspee » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:49 am

iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by Shadowofrsr » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:31 am

Ummmm dude we have extremely good grief protection to the point of it auto-kicks and bans people for griefing I don't have any idea what you are talking about.
Shadowofrsr
Resident

by iExspee » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:53 am

iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by kenny0011 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm

I believe they do...

Eve pops up
kenny0011
Donor

by FSXlover » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Only when there are blocks in "safety"(A group of chest). These chest provides replacement blocks. But when there are none of the blocks broken in safety then they can't be replaced. Zerg and other moderators have the job of putting the blocks in the chest(This is only needed on Survival).
FSXlover
Veteran

by bossman1113 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Aqua, you must not be too active, or never got griefed. Our grief protection has been stronger than ever these past few weeks.

First off, the mods oversee everything, so there is hardly a time when something gets passed them. Lets say there's a 97-99 % chance of them catching a griefer.

The other 3-1% is either when they are afk or offline. This hardly happens, but lets face it, there are those moments. Thats when the auto-kick system is put in. The new system works like this; someone griefs your stuff, the system alerts you and asks you to /hire if they are simply working for you or afk if they are just griefing. Even if they ARE working for you, Eve, our NPC-creeper hybrid, comes and repairs whatever is broken.

So if i go to your house, and you want me to place some wood around it, yet you didnt /hire me, the auto-kick system will alert you and send Eve to your house to remove that wood i placed until you hire me. If I continue placing it will tell me that i should stop and ask you to /hire me. From there, If i continue without the /hire i will be kicked. If i come back and still grief, i will be banned for x (x = an amount of time) minutes.

This is if your online. The process is different if you are offline. If you are offline and place blocks on or around your building, the kicker will warn me. Then it will kick me off the server and ban me.

Now if you placed a chest with a private sign on it with my name, within a certain vicinity of that chest, i will be able to place and break blocks on your land. Sorry i dont know the exact measurements.

What im saying here is that zerg has improved the process greatly. If you want a demonstration i will give you one ingame.
bossman1113
Veteran

by Arjan_M » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Bossman nailed it ^^
Arjan_M
Resident

by VVX1000 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:55 pm

Well i have seen that lockette works for chests but the mods don't always need to break down on the griefers. Also it happens so much on creative if it happens on survival, it could possibly not be seen. I still agree the mods do a great job on banning, but give em a break. They have life's too. They too have things to do and they want some peace sometimes. So i have found something very useful. Here is my idea....
On some servers Ive seen Residences. They protect peoples building from griefing and no one will need to worry about it.
I don't know if we can't have the mod, but it will help a lot. Here is how it works....

Get A Wooden Axe
Create 2 points where you want them(Or pillars 2 blocks tall)
Right Click the top of the first Pillar
Left Click the bottom of the second Pillar
type /res select vert
then type /res create <Res Name> This can be any name you want :>
Then your Done!
Also, I think it requires the Iconomy plugin but it's worth it! It stops Griefing for good!
Hope this helps. :3 -VVX1000
0______0

Edit:I agree with bossman on what he said too. I am just giving a idea that came into mind :D. sorry i double posted does it just delete on it's own or what do i do?
Last edited by VVX1000 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Support Kreatious by:
1. Voting on PMC, MS and MSL!
2. Donating to the server, you get many cool commands and you get to know the server better!
VVX1000

Next

Return to Archives