Mall of Athos (Competition)

The place for project threads.

Mall of Athos (Competition)

by bossman1113 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:26 am

I am starting a mall, dont worry about the details or logistics! Just know it'll be awesome!

I am looking for an exterior designer to create the design for the mall (and possibly the interior as well)!
I am starting a competition to see who can create the best design, winner will get diamonds! (I was thinking 3-4 diamond blocks). Just design the mall in a creative world, upload it to mediafire, and share the link right here!

Theme
You can follow one of 2 themes:
1) Ravine! Yes, thats right! A mall inside a ravine. This would mean you wouldnt have to do exterior design, but you're interior design would need to be spectastic! (That's how good it needs to be xD)
2) Among the Stars! This theme means that you're design must be bright. I should expect to see lots of glowstone in this design
3) Custom! Create your own theme. But! It mustnt be something simple like cobble, dirt, etc. I want to see creativity!

You can create the mall as one large building, inside a ravine, or as outlets (a design similar to the mall at spawn, where there are several stores of the same design (but with varying sizes) in one collective area).

The size of the mall needs to be big enough to fit 20-30 stores (extra points if you make your design expandable)

Rules
These are the rules of the competition:
1) You may only submit one entry for the competition per account. (So it would be a good idea to have an alternate account :D)
2) The malls design must include blocks that are reasonable (so no diamond blocks or excessive amounts of gold, etc. Things that can actually be obtained in vanilla are needed)
3) You must follow one of the themes (or combine them!)
4) Submissions must be in by 7/22/13 11:59 pm Est
5) Submissions must be in required form (see below)
6) All submissions should be on this thread! If they are not on this thread, they you do not qualify for the prize.
(These rules are subject to change, so watch this thread for updates)
7) All submissions should be created in your own creative world. Upload the creative world to mediafire and provide the link in your form.
8) If my virus protector finds a virus in your world download, you will be immediately disqualified from the competition

Submission Forms
Your submission form must look like this:

Theme Used:
Pictures: (No more than 3 photos of your design)
Download link:

Mediafire Tutorial
For those of you who dont know how to upload a world to mediafire, here's a quick tutorial:

1) First, locate your .minecraft folder.
(Here's a quick tutorial on how to do that - 8/7/Vista/XP : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq9m5JiKr1M - Mac - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V5aV8WA1H4)
2) Go to .minecraft > Saves
3) Compress [Your World Name] to a zipped folder
4) Move that folder to an easily accessible place (i.e. your desktop, downloads, etc)
5) Go to mediafire.com, Log In (Or sign up if you dont already have an account)
6) Click upload and drag your zipped file to upload window
7) Once fully uploaded to mediafire, click the file (Another window should pop up asking you to download the file)
8) Copy the url for that window
9) Paste it here

Simple enough right?

p.s. I'm willing to up the prize for anyone who goes above and beyond and creates something spectacular! Let the games begin!
If you have any questions feel free to ask here in this thread or in-game
Last edited by bossman1113 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bossman1113
Veteran

Re: Mall of Athos (Competition)

by xSpava » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:19 am

Theme Modern
xSpava

by bossman1113 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:59 pm

If you are joining the competition, please let me know via the forums or online. Just msg me on this forum or send me mail on the server like this: /mail send Bossman1113 I am joining the Mall Competition
bossman1113
Veteran

by Nahuda » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:59 pm

I'm going to try to do a little entry in my spare time, but I haven't been on much because my summer has been so busy. Just the heads up though.
Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
My favorite color is green. :3
Nahuda

by AmericanCrafter » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Theme: Mall of America
Pictures: I will get to you soon
Mallz r awesome!
AmericanCrafter
Resident

by AmericanCrafter » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:35 pm

bossman, im still building the mall of america. my summer was busy. Can i still be in the competition?
AmericanCrafter
Resident

Return to Projects