[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Share your interests of the universe

Share your interests of the universe

Anything that doesn't relate to Kreatious goes here

Share your interests of the universe

by McCoy1996 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:38 pm

This thread is dedicated to sharing interests in the universe and time. Just give something you think is interesting, and try to explain it fully. I would like to keep this thread on track, any irrelevant posts will not be tolerated, Thanks.

So, I was watching Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking and I found out something that interested me... The key to time travel is extreme speed. The theory was, that if you get close to the speed of light, you will start to travel in time. The laws of physics prevent anything from going faster than light. So, if you get just shy of the speed of light, your time will slow down, preventing you from going faster than light. The closer you get to the speed of light, the more your time will slow down. So if you got close enough that you were going half the speed of everything else, you would only live 5 minutes, whereas everything else lives 10 minutes. Interesting, huh? This has sort of been proven with particle acceleration, where scientists had particles that would normally last a few billionths of a second, accelerated them to just shy of the speed of light, and they lasted 30 times longer.

Humans are much farther away from being able to travel through time though, but speed may be the key.
McCoy1996
Veteran

Re: Share your interests of the universe

by bondsmatthew » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:55 pm

WWWWEEEUUPPP!! Theoretical physics! It's what I want to major in for university/college! Now, let me first say, I'm writing this on my phone, so excuse the mistakes. Now, let's dive in!

It has been theorized, what you said, it is true! And many people might think, so what? So what? Well, let me tell you, asMcCoy explained extreme speed is the key to time travel; time slows down, for what I'm explaining now, is the same as time travel. Now, I'm not sure if McCoy has made this connection though.. Black holes: masses of immeasurable gravity.. And well, mass. Lol. Anyway, time also slows down near them; also, their gravity is so immense, that not even light can escape. Sure, you knew that. Put those ideas together!

Now, I was watching the a documentary the other day(I'll link when I get home), with Michio Kaku, leading theoretical physicist in the field of Superstring theory, and he said something that made sense to me. It.. Was amazing. This also goes back to the black hole thing.. Though, it views them from a different light.
What he said was(When I say said, I mean hypothesized or theorized. It hasn't been proven yet), that the universe, or known universe rather, was 'blown out' of the other side of a black hole; a white hole.
What does this theory mean? It goes back to what you learned in 3rd grade! The big bang! Our universe OS the other end of one of these white holes, with a mother universe(other side of black hole). We have a satellite to go up in a few years to try and prove this theory(note, this is not superstring theory).

I will write more when I get home. My fingers hurt and the people next to me on the bus think I'm writhing a novel, lol.
bondsmatthew
Veteran

by McCoy1996 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 am

Very interesting bonds. I am also thinking about going into theoretical physiology. I'm not quite sure yet.

Back to the black holes, do we even know if black holes are really holes, or are they just massive, dense clumps of things?

The super massive black hole theory would be awesome if it was possible. But, the light speed travel would help us get to a black hole in a human lifetime. The universe is the one thing that makes me so mad, but interests me very greatly. Why does it make me mad? The mysteries behind it, but those mysteries also interest me greatly. Most people don't know how lucky we are to have the universe the way it is now. The world could use more out of the box thinkers, and just not just glance at the stars and say "that's cool." We need people that ask why, and how? Why, why, why, why?! Why do these things happen, and what makes them happen.
McCoy1996
Veteran

by bondsmatthew » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:01 am

bondsmatthew
Veteran

by McCoy1996 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:35 am

How about that life on other planets? Could it be possilbe? With us and our planet just being floating specks in the millions of galaxies (maybe billions?) out there it just might be possible. Exploring our own galaxy in depth is hard enough, we wouldnt even be able to visit or communicate with other life even if we found it somewhere. So, do you think there might be life in other solar systems asking the same question as us? But the chances of everything lining up perfectly are very slim, but there is still a chance.
Last edited by McCoy1996 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
McCoy1996
Veteran

by mattchuu » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:40 am

Do you know about the 10 dimensions?
mattchuu
Veteran

by bondsmatthew » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:14 am

bondsmatthew
Veteran

by McCoy1996 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:34 am

Pretty crazy theory lol. But, almost anything is possible... or is it? :D We know that it is impossible to break the speed of light. And perfection doesn't exist. I think to get a better view of the universe you have to erase the word perfect from your mind. Things may seem perfect... But they're not.

Another thing that interests me greatly is that what dod this big bang take place in... For there to be something for the big bang to take place from, wouldn't already have to exist in space? But didn't the big bang create space?

The universe is just such a marvelous place full of questions waiting to be answered, and quesions that will never be answered.
McCoy1996
Veteran

by bondsmatthew » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:04 am

McCoy! You're wrong! Straight from the physicist at CERN!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/8782 ... light.html
:3
bondsmatthew
Veteran

by McCoy1996 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:18 am

Interesting... This throws everything out of perspective...
McCoy1996
Veteran

Next

Return to Off-Topic