Help me! Black screen bug...

Anything that doesn't relate to Kreatious goes here

Help me! Black screen bug...

by jack_addy » Sat May 12, 2012 3:07 am

mm i just got a new computer and its a linux. so obviosly I downloaded minecraft first. (addict much??) anyways i had some trouble running. it opened up as an archive so i simply changed it to open as java and as an executeable program. so a ran it and I got to the launcher and then it turned black... so i looked it up and found out thats its a bug that runs on all operating systems(even mac :o ) and was fairly common. I figured out that tthe update from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5 caused it :? .So i downloaded lwjgl-2.8.3 and moved it to the .minecraft side directory within the .bin
AND then i did java -jar Minecraft to run it... BLACK SCREEN AFTER I LOGGED IN!!! :evil: . So I tried one a random force update as it was caused by the update. I NEED HElp! if anyone knows how to fix this java bug please put it down in the comments. Ill try deleting the whole .jar and redownloading once again but i need help...
Save me from this evil black screen! but i can just use my families mac to play mc untill i get this bug fixed. :) bubia

jack_addy

Re: Help me! Black screen bug...

by malandrix_bunny » Sat May 12, 2012 11:23 am

Well,
A very small amount of people can help you with this, but I used to run some ubuntu a while back so.
A lot of times, with linux your graphics card is not automatically detected. The fix to this would be to setup all your drivers. Now... are you just like downloading it to have linux, or do you know what all those codes mean, and how to execute them all the time, and how to execute any other program? Linux is a hard language, be careful what you do!
malandrix_bunny
Resident

by TheZaqwsxz » Sat May 12, 2012 11:28 am

I think the downloaded thing caused it, delete META-INF i suppose?
TheZaqwsxz
Resident

by jack_addy » Sun May 13, 2012 1:52 pm

mmk i got it! switched the some of the minecraft.jar files with my dads old ones so it didnt force update evrytime. but jeez it took me 6 hours... they should get that bug fixed

jack_addy

Return to Off-Topic